Dr. Shawket Alkhayal
Visit Dr. Shawket Alkhayal Website : www.shawketalkhayal.com
Dr. Alkhayal is a consultant urologist with more than 20 years of experience. He graduated from Baghdad University College of Medicine 1991 and moved to The United Kingdom after his internship where he had further training, experience and higher qualifications. Obtained Masters Degree in Urology from UCL in 2004 and fellowship of the Royal college of Surgeons in Urology in 2008. He was a lecturer at Sussex University medical school, UK. Honorary Consultant at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals and head of Urology Department at Benenden Hospital in Kent. Moved to Dubai in 2013 as a consultant Urologist and head of department at the American Hospital Dubai. Established Al Khayal Medical Centre for Urology and Andrology at Dubai Healthcare city, 2014.
- MB,Ch.B – Baghdad University College of Medicine 1991
- UK PLAB,- General Medical Council UK 1998
- MRCS – Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2001
- MSc Urology – University College London 2004
- FRCS(Urol) – Fellowship of the Royal college of Surgeons in Urology 2008
- CCT UK Board certified in Urology 2009
Current Hospital Affiliations
- The American Hospital Dubai
- The Mediclinic City Hospital Dubai
- Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton UK
- Benenden Hospital, Kent UK
- European association of Urology
- European Society of sexual medicine
- International continence Society
Licenses and Permits
- CCT UK Board certified in Urology 2009
- Clinical Features and management of MRSA Cystitis. Alkhayal S, Rizvi F, Urol J. 2012 Summer;9(3):617-9
- A novel method to overcome difficult male catheterisation, published in the Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, Volume 90, Number 4, May 2008 , pp. 343-347(5)
- A simple non-invasive test to detect vascular disease in patients with erectile dysfunction. A novel method. Alkhayal S, Lehmann V. and Thomas P J. Journal of Sexual Medicine, 2006 Mar; 3(2):331-6.
- A single centre experience of a non-invasive combination treatment for patients with Peyronie’s disease.*S. Alkhayal, J Seth, G John and M Fletcher, published online in the posters section of the 12th Congress of the European Society for Sexual Medicine (held in Lyon 15-18 November 2009) PO-12, 044
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy improves sexual performance and satisfaction in patients with Peyronie’s disease. Alkhayal S., John G, Fletcher M and Lehmann V. Published in the JSM book of abstracts PP-05,263.
- Sample analysis of patients in whom PDE5-Inhibitors failed or was contraindicated. Alkhayal S, Lehmann V. and Thomas P J. Published in the JSM book of abstracts PP-01,159.
- Subjective outcome measures in patients treated with ESWT for Peyronie’s disease, Published in the Book of Abstracts JSM Jan 2006 (1st Author)
- The importance of addressing partner’s response to male sexual Dysfunction. Published in the Book of Abstracts JSM Jan 2006(2nd Author)
- Did PDE5Is revolutionise patient awareness and treatment of Erectile Dysfunction. Published in the Book of Abstracts JSM Jan 2006(1st Author)
- Contemporary CT imaging in the management of invasive Bladder Cancer. Khan SAA, Alkhayal S., Richenberg JL, Thomas PJ, Larner TRG. MP38.
Abstract published in the Journal of Endourology. 2005, 19(supplement 1): doi:10.1089/end.2005.19.p1
- Photoselective Vaporisation of the prostate (PVP): a novel modality for the surgical management of BPH, Abstract published in the book of abstracts BJUI June 2005
Interview with Dr Shawket Alkhayal on Alarabiya Channel
Interview with Dr Shawket Alkhayal on Alsharqia channel
Interview with Dr Shawket Alkhayal on Mbc channel
Interview with Dr Shawket Alkhayal on Alarabiya channel talking about prostate Cancer part 1
Interview with Dr Shawket Alkhayal on Alarabiya channel talking about prostate Cancer part 2
New Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction – Dr. AlKhayal Al Khayal
Shawket Alkhayal interview about kidney stones
الموجات الصادمة لعلاج الضعف الجنسي عند الرجال
Dr Shawket Alkhayal talking about erectile dysfunction treatment