Many men with low testosterone levels report improved sex drive, energy and mood after testosterone treatment. Check your testosterone level today to know if it needs boosting.
Only men with symptoms of low testosterone that are mentioned below and confirmed low blood levels as the cause of symptoms should consider testosterone replacement.
Talking to us is the only way to know if testosterone therapy is right for you.
Symptoms of Low Testosterone
Testosterone levels decline naturally in men as they age over decades. But certain conditions can also lead to an abnormally low level.
Symptoms of low testosterone include:
- Low Libido (sex drive)
- Erectile Dysfunction (weakness of erections)
- Fatigue and poor energy levels
- Decreased muscle mass
- Body and facial hair loss
- Difficulty concentrating
- Low sense of well-being
Forms of Testosterone Supplements
Testosterone replacement therapy is available in several forms. All can improve testosterone levels:
- Gels: AndroGel and Testogel come in packets of clear testosterone gel. Testosterone is absorbed directly through the skin when you apply the gel once a day. This is one of the most reliable and easy methods.
- Injections and implants: Testosterone can also be injected directly into the muscles, or implanted as pellets in the soft tissues. The body slowly absorbs the testosterone into the bloodstream. There are 3 weekly and 3 monthly formulations.
Why not a simple testosterone pill? Oral testosterone is available. Some experts believe that oral testosterone can have negative effects on the liver. Using other methods, such as skin patches, gels or injections, bypasses the liver and gets testosterone into the blood directly.
Testosterone replacement is not safe for everyone. certain blood tests are usually done before treatment to confirm if there is no contraindication.
careful monitoring is also required during the period of treatment.
Sometimes the levels of testosterone are not so low to warrant replacement or sometimes testosterone replacement is not safe for some men, therefore some oral tablet medication can be given to boost your natural testosterone if necessary. These can also boost your fertility.
Unfortunately many men who do not need taking testosterone are taking it to boost their muscles along with other anabolic steroids. The side effects of this are extremely dangerous and can lead to infertility and erectile dysfunction if used inappropriately.